September 29, 2017: Warren-Boynton State Bank marks 140 years of service as a locally owned and independent community bank. The bank was established in New Berlin in 1877 and became state chartered in 1897. Warren-Boynton acquired the First State Bank in New Berlin in 1989. In 2004, a branch office opened on the west side of Springfield on Spring Mill Drive. Warren-Boynton expanded in July 2017 with the acquisition of Bank of Modesto, adding branches in Modesto and Palmyra, both in northwestern Macoupin County.
Warren-Boynton State Bank is a full-service bank offering loan services for farm, commercial, and consumer purposes as well as commercial and residential real estate loans. The bank has a comprehensive line of deposit products for both businesses and consumers including checking accounts, money markets, savings, IRAs and certificates of deposit. Warren-Boynton State Bank has a robust internet banking service including bill payment and My Money Manager, a personal financial management tool. Our smart phone app was recently redesigned and offers the latest features. The WBSB blog on our website includes over 15 helpful articles.
Our success over the past 140 years can be attributed to loyal customers and dedicated employees. Although many changes have occurred in the banking industry since 1877, Warren-Boynton State Bank remains committed to serving the financial needs of our customers and supporting the communities where we do business. Contact us today to see how we can assist with your banking needs.
July 24, 2017: We are delighted to officially welcome Bank of Modesto and Bank of Modesto-Palmyra branch customers to Warren-Boynton State Bank.
April 14, 2017: Warren-Boynton State Bank is partnering with the Sangamon County Circuit Clerk to bring the passport registration process to you. Come to our New Berlin branch on Saturday, April 29 from 9am - Noon. Contact the Circuit Clerk's office at 753-6674 or visit their website for more information about passport registration.
March 22, 2017: Warren-Boynton State Bank is looking forward to rolling out our new internet banking service. Our new internet banking will be available to you on April 4, 2017.
There are a few steps you will need to complete in order to login to your online banking for the first time:
- Open the bank’s website homepage at wbsb.com.
- Find the Online Banking Login section on the home page.
- Use your existing login ID and click Login.
- The system will ask for your security code. Your security code will be as follows:
Security Code = existing login ID + last four of SSN
Example: If your login ID is jdoe and your Social Security Number is 123-45-6789, then your security code will be jdoe6789.
- The system will then walk you through an initial registration process. You will choose new security questions, a new security image, a new security phrase, and a new password.
- If we do not currently have an email address for you on file, the system will prompt you to enter a valid email address at this time. Your email address may be used for password resets, account alerts and institution communication.
Thank you for your business and support in this change.
March 3, 2017: Warren-Boynton State Bank is excited to announce that we will have a new internet banking service available on April 4, 2017. Our new internet banking will offer all of the same functionality you have been accustomed to while introducing new features. We are thrilled to offer our customers the latest in internet banking technology.
There are a few points we would like to share with you:
- Your username does not have to change.
- All transaction history will remain.
- All scheduled transfers will not migrate to the new service. You will need to re-enter your scheduled transfers into the new internet banking system after April 5, 2017.
Additional information for Bill Pay users:
- All current Bill Pay vendors will need to be re-entered into the new internet banking system after April 5, 2017.
In preparation, please take the following steps prior to April 4, 2017 in the existing bill payment platform so that your vendor/payee information will be ready to input in the new platform:
- View payment history link, in the My Payments box.
- Print or save this page, which shows the date sent/paid to/amount for the past two months.
Thank you for your business and support in this change.
January 31, 2017: WB Bancorp, Inc. and its wholly owned subsidiary Warren-Boynton State Bank are pleased to announce it has reached a definitive agreement for the acquisition of 100% of MC Bancorp, Inc. and its wholly owned subsidiary, Bank of Modesto. Bank of Modesto is a full service bank and has locations in Modesto and Palmyra in Macoupin County. Warren-Boynton State Bank has locations in New Berlin and Springfield.
"We believe this is in the best interest of our customers and communities as the banking environment changes. We have known the people of Warren-Boynton for many years and believe they will continue the tradition of customer service and loyalty to the community that has been the hallmark of the Bank of Modesto for over 125 years," stated Phil Lovelace, President/CEO of Bank of Modesto. Jim Weast, President/CEO of Warren-Boynton State Bank indicated, "We are excited to be joining the two banks, as both banks are community focused institutions and have very similar cultures and values. This will be an excellent partnership going forward."
The combined banks will have assets of approximately $175,000,000 with deposits of approximately $140,000,000. The proposed acquisition is subject to regulatory approval and the approval of MC Bancorp, Inc.'s shareholders and is expected to close in the second quarter of 2017.