Here are ways to save on day-to-day expenses:
- Shop around for deals, whether that’s groceries, clothes, insurance, etc., it all helps.
- Have a garage sale, sell items on Facebook Marketplace, or an online thrift store.
- Use coupons, but don’t buy unnecessary items.
- Buy bulk when it comes to cleaning and pantry items.
- Participate in free activities.
- Shop for seasonal produce.
- Turn down the thermostat.
Improve your credit score
If you are concerned about your credit score, here is how we recommend improving it:
- Start by checking your credit score online. Warren Boynton Secure Checking account holders can request a new credit report every 90 days or upon receipt of a credit alert.
- Pay your bills on time.
- If you have extra cash at the end of the month, use it to pay off some of your debt.
- Keep unused credit cards open if there's no annual fees.
- Always question inaccuracies on your credit report.
Create a budget
My Money Manager is a financial management tool with the following features:
- Set up a budget
- Create goals
- Track your spending
Pay bills on time
With online bill pay, you can pay all your bills safely, securely, and conveniently in one place. You can:
- Schedule one-time or recurring payments
- Track payments
- View scheduled payments and payment history
- Setup custom email or text alerts to let you know when payments are due
- Add e-Bills to see due dates and amounts of upcoming bills
Spend within your means
Assess your finances.
Create a list of wants and needs for the year.
Keep control of your budget through healthy spending habits:
- Eat out less/less takeout
- Cancel unnecessary subscriptions and memberships
- Buy secondhand
- Hold off on big purchases for the year
- Vacation nearby and on a reduced budget
If you have any questions, please contact or stop in at your nearest branch in New Berlin, Springfield, Modesto, or Palmyra.