As the weather improves and everyone heads outdoors, don’t miss out on these affordable outdoor activities with your children.
Springfield Parks Foundation Milkweed Giveaway
- Lincoln Park at the Nelson Center Parking Lot - Saturday, May 6, 9 am to 11 am
- Washington Park Shelter – South Grand Ave W. - Saturday, May 6, from 1 pm to 3 pm
- Erin’s Pavilion, Entrance of Building – Saturday, May 13, 9 am to 11 am
- Learn about planting milkweed and the importance of pollinator gardens.
- Take home your FREE milkweed.
- Learn how you can help with your neighborhood pollinator garden.
Visit Jubilee Farm on the outskirts of Springfield’s west side and walk the trails, meet the alpacas and llama, experience the labyrinth, and wander the vegetable and children’s gardens. Jubilee Farm is FREE, but please announce your arrival at the main house or call ahead. Donations are welcome. The 164-acre site is open year-round. For more information, visit https://jubileefarm.info
Old Capitol Farmers Market
The market kicks off on Wednesday, May 17, 2023. The market runs every Wednesday and Saturday from 8 am to 12 noon through October on Adams Street in downtown Springfield. Visit the Facebook page for more information.
Henson Robinson Zoo
Entry to the zoo is FREE on June 17 to celebrate the City of Springfield’s proclamation of Henson Robinson Zoo Day. For more information about the zoo, visit https://www.springfieldparks.org/locations/3/henson-robinson-zoo/springfield/facility-details
Springfield Art Association – Paint the Street
SAA takes over Washington Street in downtown Springfield with squares measuring 6ft by 6ft on June 24 from 11 am to 7 pm. Each square registration receives paint supplies, a goodie bag from sponsors, and Paint the Street t-shirt. Squares are $35. To register, visit https://www.springfieldart.org/paint-the-street.html