1. Pay your bills as soon as you receive your paycheck. Settling any outstanding accounts, monthly bills, credit card debt etc. as soon as you receive your paycheck provides a better sense of what you can truly afford – and what you cannot. Using this method you will also avoid late payment charges and damaging your credit score. Our online bill pay is a great way to pay your bills safely, securely, and conveniently in one place. You can track one-time or recurring payments, view scheduled payments and payment history, create custom email or text alerts to let you know when the payments are due and add eBills to see due dates and amounts of upcoming bills.
2. Establish a rainy day fund and if you have one already, look to increase your monthly contributions. Building up reserve funds for the unexpected in life should be a primary goal for 2019. We offer a number of options when it comes to savings accounts.
3. Create a budget and stick to it. With the Warren Boynton State Bank My Money Manager financial management tool this is easy. Through our mobile banking app – available on the App Store or Google Play – we offer account inquiry, transfer of funds between accounts and external accounts, debit card management, check images, transaction history, and statements, mobile deposit capture, bill pay, and My Money Manager. We’ve also recently introduced person-to-person payment, which makes transactions on the go so much easier and more convenient.
4. Consolidate your debt. Are you paying off multiple loans with high interest rates? Perhaps it’s time to consolidate. We offer a number of personal loans from home equity to auto and home improvement to consolidation.
5. Generate a second source of income. One of the easiest ways to increase your ‘passive’ income is to relocate your savings to a bank that offers a higher yield on your savings. Another way is to invest in funds or stocks paying dividends. At Warren Boynton State Bank, our Secure Checking customers receive travel and leisure discount membership from thousands of local and national businesses, shopping rewards with access to exclusive offers and discounts at thousands of leading online retailers, health discount savings on vision, prescriptions and dental services.
For more information about the above please visit one of our four branches in New Berlin, Springfield, Modesto, or Palmyra and speak with a member of our staff.