The mission of the Warren-Boynton State Bank is to serve its customers and communities by remaining a strong and stable community bank focused on providing high quality financial products and personal service.
On September 29th, 2017, Warren-Boynton State Bank marked 140 years of service as a locally owned and independent community bank. The bank was established in New Berlin in 1877 and became state chartered in 1897. Warren-Boynton acquired the First State Bank in New Berlin in 1989. In 2004, a branch office opened on the west side of Springfield on Spring Mill Drive. Warren-Boynton expanded in July 2017 with the acquisition of Bank of Modesto, adding branches in Modesto and Palmyra, both in northwestern Macoupin County.
Warren-Boynton State Bank is a full-service bank offering loan services for farm, commercial, and consumer purposes as well as commercial and residential real estate loans. The bank has a comprehensive line of deposit products for both businesses and consumers including checking accounts, money markets, savings, IRAs and certificates of deposit. The WBSB Blog on our website includes many helpful articles.
Our success over the years can be attributed to loyal customers and dedicated employees. Although many changes have occurred in the banking industry since 1877, Warren-Boynton State Bank remains committed to serving the financial needs of our customers and supporting the communities where we do business. Contact us today to see how we can assist with your banking needs.
Downtown New Berlin, circa early 1900s
Bank in 1907
Left to right: Thomas Irwin, W.M. Pfeffer and C.B. Warren
Downtown New Berlin circa 1956
Remodeled Bank 1957
Remodeled Bank Lobby 1957
Left to right: W.M. Pfeffer, President 1949-1958, Gene Sullivan and Robert Pfeffer
Front of remodeled Bank 1977
Front of remodeled Bank 1978
Robert Pfeffer, President 1959-1999 and Wilma Pfeffer